United Kingdom – Fiance/Fiancee visa

Those who arrive to the UK in order to marry a British citizen or a permanent resident can apply for Fiance/Fiancee visa. Immigrants holding Fiance/Fiancee visas are not allowed to study, work or conduct business while marriage documents are being prepared. Once married, a person shall apply to United Kingdom Visa Bureau and exchange his current visa for a marriage visa, whereupon all the above prohibitions are deemed void.

In case of failure to legalize marriage, an immigrant holding a Fiance/Fiancee visa shall leave the UK. The longest allowed duration of stay under Fiance/Fiancee visa is 6 months.