United Kingdom – Visas for unmarried partners

A relationship akin to marriage lasting for at least 2 years is considered a civil marriage, and its status is similar to the official marriage according to the EU legislation.
The corresponding visa for unmarried partners gives a chance to accompany one’s unmarried partner for the purpose of living together in the territory of the United Kingdom.

The following categories of persons can invite/summon their partners to Britain:

  1. People currently residing in the UK
  2. Residents of EU countries exercising their EU Treaty rights in the UK
  3. Immigrants holding UK visas except of Tier4 (student), Tier2 (General) and C (Visit) categories.